Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My oregon tax return was rejected with a rej002 and when I went in and refiled, it lowered from the original refund ALOT! I just want to know why such the big difference?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

My oregon tax return was rejected with a rej002 and when I went in and refiled, it lowered from the original refund ALOT! I just want to know why such the big difference?

I have the same problem, and couldn't find any explanation when refiling- Just a new, much lower number and a note that for an additional fee I could talk to someone at Turbo Tax. 

That reasoning should be made clear- without additional fees.

yasmine

Same thing happened to me in Oregon. Refund when down $700.
yasmine

Would love answers that aren’t so vague. All TurboTax will say is that “it’s not the customers fault” it got rejected, but they can’t say why?

I suspect it was an error in the original filing where the "tax category"  for one of your Transit Tax entries was mis-selected on your original filing .  The original error would have given you an inappropriately large refund....but I can't prove it.
See:
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/7102893">https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/7102893</a>
____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies