turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My Oklahoma tax return did not show receiving a W-2G for Gambling Winnings. Why is this document not provided with my 2020 electronic file return?

Does form W-2G file with state returns?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

My Oklahoma tax return did not show receiving a W-2G for Gambling Winnings. Why is this document not provided with my 2020 electronic file return?

The W-2G is not "sent" with the fed or state returns ... only the info off that form  (and all other tax reporting forms ) is on the tax return ... the actual tax forms that you are issued are sent to the feds/state/SS admin by the issuers of those forms so they are not attached to the electronically filed  returns.   Only if you mail in the return are the paper forms required to be attached and only if they have fed/state/FICA taxes  withheld  on them.  

View solution in original post

4 Replies

OK return starts off with federal adjusted gross income. your federal 1040 adjusted gross income includes W-2g gambling winnings.

All your tax documents must be manually entered by you before you file the tax return.

The W-2G is not "sent" with the fed or state returns ... only the info off that form  (and all other tax reporting forms ) is on the tax return ... the actual tax forms that you are issued are sent to the feds/state/SS admin by the issuers of those forms so they are not attached to the electronically filed  returns.   Only if you mail in the return are the paper forms required to be attached and only if they have fed/state/FICA taxes  withheld  on them.  

Thanks for your reply, very helpful.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies