coquic

My mom does not live with me but i help her financially.

can I claim her as a dependent

Do you pay for over half of her support?    Did she have less than $4300 of income --not counting Social Security?

Better make sure you can claim her as a dependent because if you get it wrong she gets NO stimulus money--dependents cannot receive stimulus checks.   (And you do not get stimulus money for claiming her)

You might be able to get the $500 credit for other dependents if you can claim your mom.

CREDIT FOR OTHER DEPENDENTS

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4499708-what-is-the-500-credit-for-other-dependents-family-tax-cre...

ColeenD3

You would need to pay over half of her total support, and she would not be able to have income over $4,300 per year.