vincemanzo

My legal first name is only one letter long, and I'm unable to file because Turbo Tax thinks this is an error and asks me to go back to the My Info section.

AlanT222

Try using your your initial and middle name.  Hopefully this will get you through the questions.  Please do not use a period as this will cause a rejection.  

fanfare

The suggestion, a good one, was to enter the initial and name together

as in 

First: "R Buckminster"

Last: "Fuller".

If you don't have a given name of more than one character, you'll have to file on paper via US MAIL.

What this has to do with your signature, I don't know.

AlanT222

vincemanzo

Is it really a good idea to sign my tax documents using something other than my actual name?

fanfare

as in 

First: "R Buckminster"

Last: "Fuller".

vincemanzo

Okay great--that is a good suggestion; thanks. I didn't realize that, when merged in the document, my name appeared as it is legally. Many thanks.