msescobar418

My last two companies are giving me a hard time getting my W2. I do have both of my last paystubs, 1098T and health care . what can I do ?

GiseleD

Do not file without your W-2s. Issuers have until January 31 to file their W-2s with the IRS. If you do not receive your W-2s within a few days of the 31st, IRS.gov has remedies:

Call the IRS. Taxpayers who are unable to get a copy from their employer by the end of February may call the IRS at 1-800-829-1040 for a substitute W-2. The IRS will send a letter to the employer on taxpayers’ behalf. When they call, taxpayers need their:

• Name, address, Social Security number and phone number.
  • Employer’s name, address and phone number.
  • Employment dates.
  • Estimate of wages and federal income tax withheld in 2017. Use a final pay stub for these amounts.

GiseleD

• Employment dates.