c4rainey

My K-1 tax information is being downloaded with a txf.txt extension, which TurboTax will not recognize. How can I fix this problem?

I have tried to change the extension to simply "txf", with no luck. 

tamogen

Hi. I had the same problem. I was using a Mac and when I downloaded my K-1, it came as a txf.txt file. I was unable to import it into Turbotax. 

Here is what I did:

I downloaded the K-1 on a PC (it downloaded as a .txf). Then I emailed that file to myself and got it on my Mac. I was then able to import it in Turbotax on the Mac. 

I hope this helps!

c4rainey

Thanks - this is very helpful. Since I do not own a PC, any other advice for a mac user would be appreciated.