kelseyjohnston91

My itemized deductions will not transfer over onto my state return, I have restarted twice. and it does the same thing, how do I get it to go over?

Irene2805

What state return are you doing?

kelseyjohnston91

I’m doing an Idaho State return 

Irene2805

In reviewing the Idaho return, I found that the itemized deductions are flowing normally from the federal return to the ID return. 

It might be that the Idaho standard deduction is more beneficial to you.  TurboTax will use either the standard deduction of itemized deductions, whichever give a better result.  For 2019, the Idaho standard deductions are:

• Single or married filing separately - $12,200
  • Married filing jointly or qualifying widow(er) -  $24,400
  • Head of household - $18,350

kelseyjohnston91

My itemized deductions are almost $3k over the standard deduction...

ThomasM125

It may be that your state tax is what is making your itemized deductions more than your state standard deduction. The state tax is not deductible on your state tax return, so once you subtract that from your federal itemized deduction, your state standard deduction may be more beneficial to you.