Why do you believe you must file by mail for your first time filing of an Illinois state tax return? There are a few restrictions about e-filing shown in the citation below.
See the provisions for e-filing from the Illinois Department of Revenue at:
" Eligibility :
You may file using Tax-Prep software if you (and your spouse, if filing jointly) have an IL-PIN or a valid Illinois drivers license or Illinois identification card on file with the Illinois Secretary of State.
You may not file electronically using Tax-Prep software if you:
• are claiming the August 1, 1969, valuation limitation amount from Schedule F reported on Schedule M, Line 21,
• are filing a return for a deceased taxpayer,
• want to amend or correct a previously filed return,
• claim recapture of investments tax credits from Schedule 4255 on IL-1040, Line 14, or
• claim credit for tax paid to other states on IL-1040, Line 16 if you are not a full-year Illinois resident."
Still have questions?Make a post