gomezdani6594

My husband owns a business.. however I’m not dependent on him as I have my own job, if we file together will I receive a tax refund? Will it help to file seperate?

CarolynM

Without the details of your taxes, it is impossible to know if you will receive a refund. If you were married any time of the last year, you need to file as a married person. You have two options for filing: Married Filing Jointly or Married Filing Separately. Married Filing Jointly is the generally best option. For more information on the difference, and which to choose, follow this link Married Filing Jointly v Separately

CarolynM