barboni

My husband is self employed and I work for a company with a W-2, how should we file. We also have investment accounts, 2 kids - one born in 2016 and own a home.

AmyW

If you are using the online version of TurboTax, Self-Employed would enable you to enter both employment and self-employment income and expenses and maximize deductions geared toward self-employment. The equivalent in desktop software is TurboTax Home and Business. 

If you are inquiring about your filing status, you have the option to file Married Filing Jointly or Married Filing Separately. 

To find more about the differences between the filing status and the benefits to each, see the article below: