turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jdw1184

My Husband is a mechanic for a local ATV, UTV Dirt bike playground and he purchases his own tools. Where do I list these expenses?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
AmyT

My Husband is a mechanic for a local ATV, UTV Dirt bike playground and he purchases his own tools. Where do I list these expenses?

Since these expenses were directly related to employment, they may be deductible as job-related expenses.  

Unreimbursed job-related expenses are deductible on Schedule A (Itemized Deductions) and are subject to the 2% floor for miscellaneous itemized deductions.  To input your job-related expenses (TurboTax Deluxe edition or higher is required to file itemized deductions):

View solution in original post

3 Replies
AmyT

Since these expenses were directly related to employment, they may be deductible as job-related expenses.  

Unreimbursed job-related expenses are deductible on Schedule A (Itemized Deductions) and are subject to the 2% floor for miscellaneous itemized deductions.  To input your job-related expenses (TurboTax Deluxe edition or higher is required to file itemized deductions):

jdw1184

Thank You So Much!!!!
AmyT

Glad to help
Manage cookies