Solved: My Husband is a mechanic for a local ATV, UTV Dirt bike playground and he purchases his own tools. Where do I list these expenses?

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Husband is a mechanic for a local ATV, UTV Dirt bike playground and he purchases his own tools. Where do I list these expenses?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

My Husband is a mechanic for a local ATV, UTV Dirt bike playground and he purchases his own tools. Where do I list these expenses?

Since these expenses were directly related to employment, they may be deductible as job-related expenses.  

Unreimbursed job-related expenses are deductible on Schedule A (Itemized Deductions) and are subject to the 2% floor for miscellaneous itemized deductions.  To input your job-related expenses (TurboTax Deluxe edition or higher is required to file itemized deductions):

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Since these expenses were directly related to employment, they may be deductible as job-related expenses.  

Unreimbursed job-related expenses are deductible on Schedule A (Itemized Deductions) and are subject to the 2% floor for miscellaneous itemized deductions.  To input your job-related expenses (TurboTax Deluxe edition or higher is required to file itemized deductions):

View solution in original post

Thank You So Much!!!!

Glad to help
Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings