My husband gets a 1099-Misc from his Native American tribe as a gift. Turbo tax is shifting this to business income and then it is still in personal income. What now?

It wants me to add info about his business...which does not exist.

You can enter the 1099-MISC in TurboTax as "Other Common Income," which is reported on line 21 of the 1040 and will not generate Schedule C or SE tax.  Please use the following steps:

1.      Click on Personal > Personal Income > I'll choose what I work on.

2.      Scroll down to the Other Common Income section. 

3.      Click on the Start/Revisit box next to Income from Form 1099-MISC.  [See Screenshot #1, below.]

4.      On the screen Did you get a 1099-MISC?  click on the Yes button. [Screenshot #2]

5.      On the next screen, Let's get the info from your 1099-MISC, enter the information.  [Screenshot #3]

6.      On the following screens, answer the following questions:

• Did it involve work that's like your main job? No.
    • You got it in 2017
    • No, it didn't involve an intent to earn money
7.  Continue through the rest of the interview screens. The income will appear on line 21 of form 1040 (Other Income).