You can enter the 1099-MISC in TurboTax as "Other Common Income," which is reported on line 21 of the 1040 and will not generate Schedule C or SE tax. Please use the following steps:
1. Click on Personal > Personal Income > I'll choose what I work on.
2. Scroll down to the Other Common Income section.
3. Click on the Start/Revisit box next to Income from Form 1099-MISC. [See Screenshot #1, below.]
4. On the screen Did you get a 1099-MISC? click on the Yes button. [Screenshot #2]
5. On the next screen, Let's get the info from your 1099-MISC, enter the information. [Screenshot #3]
6. On the following screens, answer the following questions:
- Did it involve work that's like your main job? No.
- You got it in 2017
- No, it didn't involve an intent to earn money
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"