turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My husband an i have not filed our taxes for 3 years but i just found email stating 01/27/2015 someone did

someone's filed taxes with my name and i want to report it NOW 2015 January 27 i need jelp PLEASE

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

My husband an i have not filed our taxes for 3 years but i just found email stating 01/27/2015 someone did

if you have not filed but someone filed fraudulently using your name(s) and SSN(s), you need to contact the IRS to tell them it was not you that filed. They will tell you what the next step is.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

You need to get a transcript of the past years filings from IRS, then you'll know for sure what, if anything, has actually been filed with the tax agency.  If you find that a fraudulent 2015 return was actually filed with the IRS, you would need to contact them.
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript">https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript</a>
♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

Ocant get into the account because the security question is one i would of never picked so i anwserd wrong and i still have the email account active so i just made it like i updated tje info but i cant get 2014 info ive never worked i was a stay at home mom to 7 children my husband has always worked until our baby passed away

if you have not filed but someone filed fraudulently using your name(s) and SSN(s), you need to contact the IRS to tell them it was not you that filed. They will tell you what the next step is.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies