hbowen2020

My husband & I have separate turbo tax accounts & we filed together on "his" account. it of course is not showing the status "filed" when I log into my acct. why & how do i fix this?

IsabellaG

You can’t change that status, and you don’t have to. If you’ve filed a joint tax return with your husband, “his” account is now your account too. You don’t file a return with your old single account. The IRS doesn’t care which TurboTax account you use. They only care that a tax return with your Social Security number gets filed, and that your income and expenses are reported correctly. 

Just leave that single account alone, and don't file a return with it.