jonnyc43

My gross income is less than $10,350 and I did not have Federal Income Tax removed from my paycheck during the year. Why am I being charged Federal Income Tax if my gross income isn't within the threshold to even pay taxes?

As a dependent you do not receive your personal exemption of $4,050.  Filing as Single your standard deduction is $6,300.

Your taxable income would then be the amount greater than $6,300

Were you an employee and received a W-2?  Or were you self-employed and received a Form 1099-MISC or cash?
TaxGuyBill

Is somebody else able to claim you as a dependent?
What forms did you enter into TurboTax?
jonnyc43

I received a W-2 and I had one job. Line 1: $9,056.67. And, I am a dependent (College student, 22). Thanks so far for you help guys! I appreciate

jonnyc43

Thank you!!!