Solved: My girlfriend and I live together with our 7-month-old daughter. If I claim my daughter as a dependent, can my girlfriend claim HOH?

My girlfriend and I live together with our 7-month-old daughter. If I claim my daughter as a dependent, can my girlfriend claim HOH?

Can roommates both claim HOH?

NO.  If all of you live together then only one of you can claim the child, and only one of you can be HOH.

To be HOH, you must claim a qualifying dependent, and meet other requirements,

So to be clear, if I claim my daughter as a dependent, but don't pay over half of the home expenses then I cannot claim her or  HOH?

You can claim her, but not HOH. Your GF cannot claim HOH unless she claims a dependent.
So who pays more than half of the household expenses?

I guess right now she does since almost everything is split down the middle...

So maybe she should claim our daughter and HOH.

Am I Head of Household?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1894553-do-i-qualify-for-head-of-household

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2900097-what-is-a-qualifying-person-for-head-of-household

If you qualify as Head of Household, when you enter your filing status (single or married filing separately) into Personal Info, and then enter your qualifying dependent, TurboTax will offer HOH as your filing status.