Solved: My form 1099-DIV shows Box 1a as $2331. But it has...

t-rosenthal

My form 1099-DIV shows Box 1a as $2331. But it has a note that says “includes amount shown in Box 1b”. Box 1b shows $2331. Do I enter 2331 on both TurboTax lines?

macuser_22

Box 1b shows what *part* of 1a are qualified dividends.  Depending on other income qualified dividends are usually taxed at a lower rate than dividends that are not qualified.   They actually will lower the tax, not increase.

macuser_22

Yes.  Just like it is on the form.

t-rosenthal

Ok thanks.  I wanted to make sure I wasn’t paying tax on two entries.

macuser_22