turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

taxtoast

My federal taxes went to $0. I think That I entered the amount of the taxes that I owed in a line called estimated taxes paid. How do I change that number.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

My federal taxes went to $0. I think That I entered the amount of the taxes that I owed in a line called estimated taxes paid. How do I change that number.

In the Search box type "estimated taxes paid" (without the quotes) then click the link that says "Jump to estimated taxes paid." On the screen that says "Estimates and Other Income Taxes Paid" click the Update or Revisit button for "Federal estimated taxes." It will then show the amount that you entered, and you can delete it.

May I ask why you entered it there?  Did you actually send in any estimated payments during the year?  It might help us understand what users are doing when we answer questions.  Sometimes people ask why the tax due went to zero and this may help explain it.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies