krause_jordan

My federal & state return keep getting rejected. It's because of my daughters social security number not matching the IRS records. Ive verified it and I put it in correct

Everytime I try to file, it keeps getting rejected. Why? The SSN is correct

DanielV01

It depends.  If your daughter has a double-last name, it is possible that the first last name is appearing as the middle name in the IRS' database.  If she has a double-last name, try using the second last name as her last name.

Also, make sure that the last name is spelled correctly and that her birthdate is entered exactly.

Finally, make sure the code is stating that it is a TIN mismatch and not that her SSN has been used on another return.  If all else fails, you would have to mail in your return, but usually the issue is in one of these areas.

Lisa995

Does she have a double middle or double last name?   
♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Lisa995

Do you have her SS card in front of you?  The last name will appear on the second line of the card, be sure that matches what you have as her last name on the tax return.
♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
DanielV01