My extension request is filed and the checks deposited and cashed. TurboTax now will not allow me to EFile without paying again. How do I proceed?

JMorgan54

My extension request is filed and the Fed and State checks deposited and cashed. TurboTax now will not allow me to EFile without paying again.

How do I proceed?

When you requested your extension you were supposed to pay your estimated tax due.  Did you enter the payment you made into your tax return?  Go to Federal>Deductions and Credits>Estimates and Other Taxes Paid>Other Income Taxes 

JMorgan54

I did pay the estimated tax due, as I stated.  The checks were cashed by Fed and State Tax Office’s .. I’m now trying to file the completed return using

But did you enter the payments you made on your tax return so that you will get credit for them?
JMorgan54

EFile and the softwarecwill not allow me to file with indicating where or how I am paying the $ amounts due.   I have paid once .. I do not wish to pay again.

You still did not answer.  Did you enter the estimated payments into the tax return?
JMorgan54

Correction:   the software will not allow me to EFile without indicating where and how I am paying the $ amounts due.

Maybe you still owe some more?  Or you didn't enter the extension payments.  

Or do you need to pay the Turbo Tax fee to efile the state return?

With desktop software there is a fee of $24.99 to e-file the state return--unless you mail it instead.
rjs

Look at your federal tax return - the actual forms, not the TurboTax screens. Is the amount that you paid with your federal extension shown on Schedule 5 line 71? If not, you need to enter the amount in TurboTax. You also need to enter the state payment.
JMorgan54

Thank you!   This is the answer that I needed!!  Excellent!!
rjs

Resolved in comments.