mitch5465

My estimated tax payments entered on the fed return go to the wrong state return. How do I change that?

Are you referring federal estimated tax payments or state estimated tax payments?   I am not aware of any state tax return that would have federal estimated tax payments included on the state return.

When you enter the state estimated payments you have to be careful to indicate the correct state ... review your entries...

Where do I enter my estimated tax payments?

• To enter your State Estimated Taxes:
  • Type estimates paid in the search box and click search.
  • Click on Jump to estimates paid.
  • At the Estimates and Other Income Taxes Paid screen, under Estimated Tax Payments, click on State estimated taxes.

Click on "additional payments" to enter more & for different states ....

Be sure to identify the correct state.