Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

collazo63

My employer pays me monthly by depositing a check into my account. They don't give W2s or take any taxes out of the money I get. How should I report this income?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
Carl
Level 15

My employer pays me monthly by depositing a check into my account. They don't give W2s or take any taxes out of the money I get. How should I report this income?

You'll report it as cash income, since that's basically what it is. Understand that as far as the IRS is concerned, you earned that income while self-employed and "in business" for yourself. So that income and any expenses associated with that income will be reported on SCH C as a part of your personal 1040 tax return.
AlanT
Expert Alumni

You will need to use TurboTax Self-Employed in order to enter your income and expenses.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Carl
Level 15

Dont' let the above potentially confuse you @collazo63  if you did not receive a 1099-MISC with the income paid to you reported in box 7. When starting the SCH C if asked if you received a 1099-MISC simply answer NO and then the program will ask you for income not reported on a 1099-MISC, K-1 or any other document.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies