My efile for irs was rejected stating I needed to file 8862 form

We can help you file Form 8862. Follow these steps to add it to your taxes.

1. Open your return if you don't already have it open. (To do this, sign in to TurboTax and select the Take me to my return button.)
  2. In the search box, search for "8862" and then select the "Jump to 8862" link in the search results.  This will navigate to the Earned Income Credit section. Click Continue.
  3. Answer any questions that apply to you and navigate to the screen where it asks Do any of these uncommon situations apply?
  4. Check the box that says, I/we got a letter/notice from the IRS telling me/us to fill out an 8862 form to claim the Earned Income Credit.
  5. Select Continue and then Done.
  6. On the Since you got an IRS notice, we need to check if any of these apply to your situation screen, select the radio button next to No, none of these apply and I need to fill out the 8862 form.
  7. Select Continue.
  8. Form 8862 will display.  Fill out any necessary info and select Continue.