Solved: My direct deposit is not the same amount that TurboTax said that I would be refunded. I agreed to pay the service fee but it is still short over a thousand dollars.

My direct deposit is not the same amount that TurboTax said that I would be refunded. I agreed to pay the service fee but it is still short over a thousand dollars.

Another possibility is your refund was reduced by the government, either to correct a calculation error or through a refund offset.  The IRS Where's My Refund tool will contain a disclaimer if your refund may have been offset.

You'll get an explanatory letter from the government if your refund differs from what was on your filed return.