Solved: My daughters return she received a w2 and a 1099misc total income is 4335 why are they taking money from her? Why would she not get back all the 206 she paid in?

My daughters return she received a w2 and a 1099misc total income is 4335 why are they taking money from her? Why would she not get back all the 206 she paid in?

she is 17

Alumni

It is because of the 1099-MISC income. You have to pay self-employment tax on any self-employment income that is more than $400. The se tax rate is 15.3%. Age doesn't matter and student status doesn't matter.

Alumni