macwilsey

My daughters HS pays for duel enrollment. Do I still have to file 1098T? When I put in the information it says its her income. There should be NO income!

Box 2 is 939.51 and box 5 is 626.34

MichaelMc

If your daughter is dual-enrolled and taking college courses, for which her high school is paying the tuition and fees, I would advise that you do not include the information from Form 1098-T on your 2016 federal income tax return.

For more information about educational benefits that will be available to help during your student's college years, please see IRS Pub. 970 Tax Benefits for Education.

MichaelMc