fp5044263

My Daughter was my Full time/At least half time College Student Living at Home for 7 months but she also worked how do we file both of our taxes

Fern

If your daughter is under age 24, you can continue to claim her as a dependent as long as she is a full time student. You will also want to include her education information on your tax return. As a student, her school address is temporary and she is considered to have lived with you for the full year.

Your daughter will need to file a tax return  if she was self-employed and made over $400 from self-employment.

If your daughter worked for someone else, and you claim her as a dependent, she would not have to file a tax return unless she earned more than $6,300.  However, if federal income taxes were withheld from her pay, she would want to file a return to have those taxes refunded to her. She may also have to file a state tax return depending on the state you live in.  Check your state's Department of Revenue website.

Fern