lola0105

My daughter turned 18 in Dec 2019 and made $5200 but she lived with her dad and he already claimed her. Can she still file and claim herself?

Anonymous
Not applicable

no she can not claim herself. .  from the info you provided it would appear that dad had the right to claim her. under the tax laws.

related

live with him

he provided more than 1/2 her support (based on her income being only $5200)

under 19 

Anonymous
Not applicable

MinhT1

As your daughter is under 19, she can be claimed as a dependent by her father. 

If she files her tax return, she has to indicate that she can be claimed as a dependent by someone else. She will not be eligible for the stimulus payment.