My daughter qualifies for freefile and needs to file in 2 states, but I completed her federal return in TurboTax deluxe

I have used TurboTax for almost two decades, with great success.  I have been using it for both my own and my college-aged daughter's taxes.  This year she worked a summer job out of state.  This means she has to file a return in two states.  I already completed her Federal return in TurboTax deluxe before I realize she would need to file in two states.  She does qualify for Free File.  Is there some way to import her existing *.tax2019 file into freefile --OR-- get the necessary second state at some type of discount?  She will submit paper returns. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

GiseleD

There is no way to import the .tax file into the IRS TurboTax Free File program, unfortunately. If you want to use the Free File program, you will have to re-do the manual entries. If you choose to do the return in the Deluxe program, you will need to pay for the second state. 

GiseleD