turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

balsa66

My daughter is 23 yrs a full-time student and earned $8100 working part time as a clerk. Can I claim her as a dependent if so will I be able to use your online filing?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

My daughter is 23 yrs a full-time student and earned $8100 working part time as a clerk. Can I claim her as a dependent if so will I be able to use your online filing?

Yes you can claim her.  You can enter her using the online version or Desktop program.  Add her under My Info.  Read the screens slowly and carefully.

She will probably need to file her own return for her income.  Did she get a W2?  Was any tax withholding taken out in box 2?  Be sure on her return she checks the box that says she can be claimed on someone else’s return.  That is very important!  How to start another online return

Https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1894512-how-do-i-start-another-return-in-turbotax-online 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Yes you can claim her.  You can enter her using the online version or Desktop program.  Add her under My Info.  Read the screens slowly and carefully.

She will probably need to file her own return for her income.  Did she get a W2?  Was any tax withholding taken out in box 2?  Be sure on her return she checks the box that says she can be claimed on someone else’s return.  That is very important!  How to start another online return

Https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1894512-how-do-i-start-another-return-in-turbotax-online 

balsa66

Yes she did get a W2 and withholding was taken out

She should file.  I think she might get all the withholding back.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies