turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Nic87

Tax Year Prior to 2020: My cycle code is 20200505. What does this mean? And I found it on my tax transcript for 2019

Did you get your refund on your cycle date even with your 570 code? 

Ariiyiike
Returning Member

Tax Year Prior to 2020: My cycle code is 20200505. What does this mean? And I found it on my tax transcript for 2019

I also have a cycle code for 20200705 and also this

AS OF:May 04,2020 and I got this after they received my IS on February 29,2020. Does that mean the May 04,2020 is when my refund will be posted? 

momo2020

hi did you ever get an update i got the same thing.

VictoriaD75
Expert Alumni

The cycle code tells you the calendar date in which your account posted to the master file. This is what the cycle code means :

• 2020 Year
  • 05 is the IRS cycle week (5th week of filing season)  [See screenshot below for a list of cycle dates.]
  • 05 is the processing day of the week  (Thursday in your case)

Put them all together and you have Thursday, January 23, 2020.

Cycle Code Ending in 01= Friday

Cycle Code Ending in 02= Monday

Cycle Code Ending in 03= Tuesday

Cycle Code Ending in 04= Wednesday

Cycle Code Ending in 05= Thursday

For a list of the 2020 Cycle Dates, please click this link:   2020 IRS Cycle Dates

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I have the same exact code I was wondering the same thing 

geminia4

I have not gotten my second stimulus. So today I just went into my account wand noticed that the date on top has change to January 18 2021 from August 2020. we’re not even on the 18th yet. However, the amount have not changed it still shows the first stimulus amount from May of 2020. Does this mean they are working on updating my amount to the $600. please help i’m desperate and hungry. 

AmyC
Expert Alumni

Yes, things are changing. We are happy to share that stimulus payments began to be deposited starting January 8th and will continue through January 15.  Your payment will be deposited into the same bank account that you received your 2019 tax refund.

We have been working tirelessly with the Treasury and IRS to get your stimulus payment to you.  We know how important these funds are for so many Americans and we regret that an IRS error caused a delay in you receiving your stimulus payment.

For more information about stimulus payments, please go here

If for some reason you do not receive your stimulus, you can have it added to your refund. The IRS does not begin accepting returns until January 25 so all stimulus should have been received by then.

@geminia4

From what I have read there is some confusion on the government end on where they are depositing the stimulus check.  I have heard they have sent it to turbo tax (if you did a cash card with them- I'd contact turbo tax and see what they say).  My issue is I changed banks during the year and it was deposited into old account so it got bounced back to the government.  Now I have to wait till I file my taxes till I get my stimulus check.  They aren't doing paper checks if it was sent back.  And of course you can't file taxes until January 25th.

Bjones7

My cycle code is 20205302. Can someone please explain this.

I have the same code. Transcript has a date of 4-15-21. I honestly hope not. 

I have same cycle code 20200505

Jadonna

I am in the same boat  filed 2/16 accepted 2/16

1 bar recieved , tax topic 152 stayed that way for about 2 weeks , following Saturday it changed to no bars , No tax topic. Then Sunday tax topic 152 amount , info, and still processing message . I checked transcript it says as of 3/22/2021 (Processing date ) or whichever date is later or greater 4/15/2021 ,then 570 code -I’m lost 

I also checked other types of transcripts and one said no tax info on file .. kind of strange cycle code ends in 05 so I def need help 

BrandiLO
Intuit Alumni

Since TurboTax does not work for the IRS and does not have access to IRS accounts, this information would be best discussed directly with the IRS. 

The IRS asks that you call them at these numbers:

• For individuals: 800-829-1040
  • For businesses: 800-829-4933
  • For those with hearing impairments: TTY/TDD 800-829-4059

To have an efficient call, here's what you need to prepare.

Smcfeely2

My taxes are still being processed and I filed on March 8 th  2021How do you get the codes and or transcript to find out more ? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

These numbers indicate which processing batch your return belongs to.  2020= the year (I am guessing you knew that).   The first 05 means the 5th week of processing, and the second 05 refers to the day of the week.  It represents Thursday.  That also tells us that your cycle updates weekly.

What that all "means" - your return began processing in the fifth cycle of the year 2020.   Your data is only going to update to your transcript once per week, on Thursday nights, so you will save yourself some frustration by checking Friday mornings and not worrying over it the rest of the week.

Things are still happening in the meantime - you could even get your refund - but you are not likely to see any updates to your transcript other than after your "batch" (20200505) processes.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies