Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

RFC

My children were insured by medicaid (NC) for 4 months, but I have not received any 1095 form. Will I have any problem when filing my taxes?

The rest of the year they were covered by employer insurance.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
LeeM

My children were insured by medicaid (NC) for 4 months, but I have not received any 1095 form. Will I have any problem when filing my taxes?

No and you probably will not receive a Form 1095, since Medicaid is not part of the MarketPlace. 

When you enter your health insurance information, you should follow the instructions below to make sure it is entered correctly (only if you were covered by your employer all year): 

1. When you walk through the section for Healthcare, the first question will be "Did you have health insurance coverage in 2016?". You should select "I had health insurance coverage all year (if that is true)". 
  2. The next screen will ask "Was anyone enrolled in these less common plans in 2016?",?you should select "No" there.   

That will complete the part of the Health Insurance section?you need to complete.  

View solution in original post

1 Reply
LeeM

No and you probably will not receive a Form 1095, since Medicaid is not part of the MarketPlace. 

When you enter your health insurance information, you should follow the instructions below to make sure it is entered correctly (only if you were covered by your employer all year): 

1. When you walk through the section for Healthcare, the first question will be "Did you have health insurance coverage in 2016?". You should select "I had health insurance coverage all year (if that is true)". 
  2. The next screen will ask "Was anyone enrolled in these less common plans in 2016?",?you should select "No" there.   

That will complete the part of the Health Insurance section?you need to complete.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies