turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Metalfan

My California state tax return was rejected because of a product update? CA_UseTax_ErrorHold is wha I received and was instructed to check back later this week to submit

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

12 Replies

My California state tax return was rejected because of a product update? CA_UseTax_ErrorHold is wha I received and was instructed to check back later this week to submit

Same thing happened to me. When I say go to fix it it still says to come back on or after 02/19/2021 even though it is 02/19/2021. Not sure how I can tell if the product update has been made and if I should resubmit.

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

As you stated, the message says to come back on or after 02/19/2021. The update has not been completed as of yet, please check again after today, 02/19/2021.  We understand these are stressful times and appreciate your patience. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

@TerukoL Oh no! I just re-submitted about an hour ago. Will it fail again if the update hasn't gone through yet??

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

@verycoldcoffee If the update hasn't completed, it will most likely fail again. I see that you re-submitted last night. If it failed again and you need further assistance, please feel free to post again in this thread or contact our TurboTax customer support team to assist your further.

rw18
Level 1

I had the same issue with Turbo Tax Deluxe 2020 Desktop a few days ago.

How can I know the updated product is ready for me to re-submit ?

I would like to make sure if the update is ready before re-submitting.

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

You may want to try a manual update and then submit it.  Please see the instructions on how to manually update the Help Article here.

rw18
Level 1

Thank you for providing the link for the procedure of the manual software update.

But, my question is how I can check if the specific software update for this issue is installed.

Has the product update for this issue been completed and is the update ready for download (and install) ?

If I manually update the software now (PST 2/21), can the software update for this issue be installed ?

I actually ran the turbotax today a few hours ago and it said no update was available (though auto-update) although I didn't try the manual update.

Since it looks the software update was not ready at 2/19/2021 yet and I didn't install any software update on 2/19 or 2/20, I'm guessing that the update is not ready yet as of today for me to download and install.

JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

If the software does not show an update you won't be able to discover if the manual update includes a resolution. You will need to try and re-submit the tax return if you decide to do a manual update or wait until you see a notice that the software has been updated.

rw18
Level 1

Thank you for the advice.

Do you know when the update for the issue will be available ?

Although the turbotax says "come back on or after 02/19/2021" as indicated in the the original question, it is still not available as of today (2/22/2021), correct ?

FYI.

The last update of the Turbotax Deluxe was on 2/18/2021 (Application: 2020.r18.039, Build Date: Feb 18, 2021 at 13:53:00) and there is no software update since then.

So I submitted mine on the 19th (just before I saw the response saying that there hadn't been an update yet), and my taxes were accepted by the state the next day. Not sure if that will happen for everyone, but it worked for me.

rw18
Level 1

Thank you for the information !! That is very helpful.

Closely looking at the current preview of  my CA tax return and the one that was rejected, I found there was a difference between them. So, the software update might have already been available on 2/18/2021(?)...

rw18
Level 1

FYI. My CA tax return was also approved. So, it looks the software update at 2/18/2021 included the fix for the issue.

Thank you so much for everyone's comments.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies