chani-thedestroy

My calculated federal tax is $1822 for this year, and I paid $1500 via IRS Direct Pay on September 7th. How do I account for this on Turbotax?

To enter, edit or delete estimated taxes paid (Federal, State, Local) - 

• Click on Federal Taxes (Personal using Home and Business)
  • Click on Deductions and Credits
  • Click on I'll choose what I work on (if shown)
  • Scroll down to Estimates and Other Taxes Paid
  • On Estimates, click on the start or update button

Or enter estimates paid in the Search box located in the upper right of the online program screen.  Click on Jump to estimates paid

The taxes paid using Direct Pay, were they for taxes owed for 2016 or a prior tax year or were they for 2017 estimated taxes?
chani-thedestroy

They were for 2017 estimated taxes. My funding as a graduate student does not allow withholding so I made a one-time payment at that time but wasn't sure what my final estimate would be.

• Click on Deductions and Credits