• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
slattemore

My AGI from last year is saying it’s not correct and my return was rejected but I got the number directly off my 2019 return. Why is this ?

2 Replies
pfarrell

My AGI from last year is saying it’s not correct and my return was rejected but I got the number directly off my 2019 return. Why is this ?

Having the same problem mine pulled the number directly from turbo tax and it says its incorrect.  Would like a solution as well

LinaJ2020
Expert Alumni

I will suggest you to print out your tax forms and paper file to the IRS.  To see explanations, click here:

Correct AGI got rejected

The AGI is calculated as follows:

• It is equal to the total income you report that’s subject to income tax—such as earnings from your job, self-employment, dividends and interest from a bank account—minus specific deductions, or “adjustments” that you’re eligible to take.
  • Your AGI is calculated before you take the standard or itemized deductions —which you report in later sections of the return.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Privacy Settings
v