My accountant files my S Corporation taxes, but I'...

RiosVIP

My accountant files my S Corporation taxes, but I've always done my personal taxes through Turbo Tax. What version of TT do I use for personal taxes? Do I mention S corp

RodT

I also have a small business that has S-corp status. Although your accountant files the Corporate taxes, you have to include the income from your S-corp business in your personal taxes (this is how an S-corp works). Your accountant should provide a K-1 for your business. This information is entered into the Income and Wages section of TT. It should be pretty simple. Good luck!

RodT

Sorry, forgot to add, I use TT deluxe. Even the basic TT program will have the section for inputting your K-1 info.

You should have received a Schedule K-1 from the S Corp which is entered on your personal tax return.  You would need the TurboTax online edition of Premier or Self-Employed to enter the Schedule K-1.  Or you can use any of the TurboTax desktop editions to report the Schedule K-1.

TurboTax 2018 online editions - https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/online/

TurboTax 2018 desktop editions - https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/cd-download/