turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

nnam89

My 83b reported in miscellaneous "other reportable income" and is 0.08 cents, its being rounded to 0. Is that okay? And do I have to include it anywhere else in my filing

I am trying to file an 83b by tomorrow. I believe it should be reported in miscellaneous "other reportable income". It is only for $0.08. When I try to include that as an 83b in miscellaneous, it rounds down to 0 dollars. Is that okay? Should I be filing this somewhere else in my tax return?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
DianeW
Expert Alumni

My 83b reported in miscellaneous "other reportable income" and is 0.08 cents, its being rounded to 0. Is that okay? And do I have to include it anywhere else in my filing

Yes, it's all right because income below 50 cents is not required to be included on the tax return because rounding reduces it to zero.  You can file the return without this income.

nnam89

So do I not report the 83b at all? or do I still report it as $0
DianeW
Expert Alumni

You do not have to report eight cents.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies