KevinLA

My 22 year old son is a full time student why TurboTax said he is not qualified for EIC ?

Hal_Al

In the dependent  personal info section, you most likely answered that he did not live with you all year. 

A child of a taxpayer can still be a “Qualifying Child” (QC) dependent, and qualify for the EIC, regardless of his/her income, if:

1. He is under age 19, or under 24 if a full time student for at least 5 months of the year, or is totally & permanently disabled

2. He did not provide more than 1/2 his own support. Scholarships are considered third party support and not as support provided by the student.

3. He lived with the parent (including temporary absences such as away at school) for more than half the year. Being away at school, even if he lives off campus, he is still considered to be living with you.

He cannot be married and filing a joint return with his spouse.

Hal_Al

I think Hal meant......you most likely answered that he did not live with you all year.