susie2roses

My 21 yr old dependent college student online filed for her taxes without telling anyone. She is my dependent how do I file for her?

MichelleT

Oh my!!   You will need to find out if she claimed herself or if she said "someone else can claim me" on their return. This question is in the My Info personal set up section in the beginning. 

If she claimed herself and you want to claim her as a dependent, she will need to amend her return and after the IRS is completely finished with her Amendment, you can file your return.

MichelleT