My 2019 tax return was submitted through TurboTax ...

My 2019 tax return was submitted through TurboTax but the IRS hasn't processed it. I owe money and want to make payments. How do I make payments not in the system?

When I try to make a payment, it doesn't recognize my 2019 return because the IRS says it isn't processed. I need to know how to make a payment. I don't want it to go to the wrong place.

Call the IRS: 1-800-829-1040 hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday
When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info). Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.
Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".
Then press 3 "for all other questions."
Then press 2 "for all other questions."
- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don't enter anything.
- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.

Press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.
Then press 4 for all other inquiries
It should then transfer you to an agent.

IRS tax payments website - https://www.irs.gov/payments

You have to pay the IRS directly, not through TurboTax. The best way is to use Direct Pay on the IRS web site.

Direct Pay

You can find other payment options at the following link.

Paying Your Taxes