Solved: My 1099-MISC isn't showing up in my common income section. It says $0 when it shows an income for last years form

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
angelo-brussich

My 1099-MISC isn't showing up in my common income section. It says $0 when it shows an income for last years form

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Patrice

My 1099-MISC isn't showing up in my common income section. It says $0 when it shows an income for last years form

That is a change from 2015. In the past, the 1099-MISC (box 7 income) would show in both the Personal Income Summary and the Business Income summary, and it gave the appearance that the income was double-reported. If you can see your 1099-MISC in your business income, it is reported correctly.  The 1099-MISC (box 7 income) will not show in your Personal Income Summary however it will show up in the Business Income Summary

What hasn't changed is that your 1099-MISC will be reported as part of your Schedule C Business Income on line 12 of your 1040.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Patrice

That is a change from 2015. In the past, the 1099-MISC (box 7 income) would show in both the Personal Income Summary and the Business Income summary, and it gave the appearance that the income was double-reported. If you can see your 1099-MISC in your business income, it is reported correctly.  The 1099-MISC (box 7 income) will not show in your Personal Income Summary however it will show up in the Business Income Summary

What hasn't changed is that your 1099-MISC will be reported as part of your Schedule C Business Income on line 12 of your 1040.

View solution in original post

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings