arellanes1d

My 1099-B shows an incorrect holding period. It shows Various instead of the code for long term. Should I change the code from various to Code F long term?

We purchased the stock over 20 years ago.  Does the "Various" code negatively impact the amount of tax owed compared to the "Long Term" code?

Should I change the code to the long term "Code F" ?

Texas Roger

Various will not impact the tax owed as long as the transaction is categorized as long term. When entering the transactions manually, you can enter various for the acquisition date and then choose code F or whichever code is correct from the drop down box. I don't know exactly how it looks for an imported transaction.

Texas Roger