aedcs

My 1040-V form says I do not need to mail it in because I e-filed, but TurboTax is telling me I need to mail it in even though I e-filed. Which one do I believe???

JulieCo

If you selected to mail in your tax payment due (even though you e-filed), then you would want to include the 1040V payment voucher form with your check.

If you selected to have your tax payment due made electronically (taken directly out of your bank account), then you would not need to mail in the 1040V payment voucher form.  It only needs to be mailed in if you are including a payment along with it.

JulieCo

aedcs

Turbo Tax should include this language during that step. I'm sure I'm not the only one who found this confusing and panicked momentarily.