Offroad

Moved to Arizona from California

I moved from CA to Arizona in April 2018, will my tax forms know how to file?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Carl

Moved to Arizona from California

The program only knows what you tell it. Nothing more. Nothing less. Basically, you will be filing a part-year resident return for both states. Some states have reciprocal tax agreements. So do not file *ANY* return, until you have completed *ALL* returns and are satisfied with the results.  If an RTA exists between your two states, the program will know that, provided of course, you make the correct selections as you work through the program.

Remember,  the program can only work with the information you provide. So if you provide inaccurate information or no information at all concerning your move, then you state returns will be wrong.

Moved to Arizona from California

After completing CA state, it asks if I want to file Fed and State, an addtl $50

Then when completing AZ state, it asks if I want to file Fed and State an addtl $50

Will the Feds get my return twice ??

Will Turbo charge me for Federal and 2 states

Do I hit yes on each screen to send out fed and AZ st

and Fed and CA state????   seems confusing???/

DaveF1006

Moved to Arizona from California

Are you filing your 2018 return or 2019? If you are filing your 2019 return, you should not even be filing a CA state return. if you are completing your 2018 returns, you won't be able to efile, Only send in by mail.  Anyway, how whatever method you choose, the federal government will not receive the same return twice. You are sending a federal return, one state return to Arizona,and one state return to California.

My main concern in all this though, are you trying to file your 2018 return in the 2019 version of Turbo Tax Online? If so, this is not the correct way to file your 2018 return.  Give us a shout back if this is the case.