turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

rlrkmr

Will 2020 Turbo Tax run in Windows 7

Will Turbo Tax on line have LLC forms
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

No, when TurboTax for tax year 2020 is released, all TurboTax desktop products will cease installing on Windows 7

View solution in original post

114 Replies

No, when TurboTax for tax year 2020 is released, all TurboTax desktop products will cease installing on Windows 7

I would like to use windows 7 filing my 2020 tax how can I download it.

Sorry you need Windows 8 or higher to install 2020.  Window System Requirements

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/system-requirements/help/minimum-system-requirements-for-turbotax-...

You will have to find another computer or you can use the Online browser version.  

If you used the Desktop program last year here’s How to transfer into the Online version, expand the blue link if you used the CD/download last year

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/entering-importing/help/how-do-i-transfer-last-year-s-return-into-...

If you used the Desktop program before you may notice several differences and not like the online version.  It has less features and no Forms Mode.  You can only do 1 return.  Your return is only saved online so be sure to save both the .tax2020 data file and the pdf file to your computer when you are done.  In case you need to amend in the future or if you need a copy to get a loan or something.  You might not be able to access your online return when you need a copy.

Start an Online return here,

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/online/

It is crazy for TurboTax to force people to windows 10. I seems they have some kind of deal with Microsoft. There should be a way to do so 

I don't like to do my return online plus it is not the simple return. I have already bought the CD now I have to buy a computer to do my tax? not cool

I have been a loyal Turbo Tax user for 10 years, I feel very betrayed, that you left behind a whole bunch of users of Win7 not to mention High Sierra on the mac side.  How do I go about getting my money back so I can purchase a competitors software so I can complete my return on my hardware.

Theor27

Go to this TurboTax website to request a refund for the software purchased from TurboTax - https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/forms/refund-request.jsp

After using TurboTax every year since since 2007, it looks like it it is time to say good bye.  Over several years Intuit has been insensitive to me as a customer and its products oft fell short in user interface.  Ever try using Turbotax when moving from one state to another?  No help at all when moving from California to another state.  You would expect better for a "Premier" product.  And now this.  Good bye.

Dc10boy

This is an absolute betrayal to your loyal customers! I am beyond unhappy. Who are you to demand that I upgrade my operating system, when you know absolutely nothing about  What I do, or what safety measures I have in place. Additionally, you place "For Windows and Mac" clearly visible on the front of your software package, yet in print so small I can not read it without reading glasses on the back of the package say "windows 8 or higher" Now , you leave me to fight to get my hundred dollars back, and find another way to do my taxes.
It was truly a struggle to write this without using profanity.

I too have been a loyal customer/user since 1998 and am totally disgusted with Intuit's decision to throw us to the curb. I was able to maneuver around their shenanigans last year when they said I couldn't install, but this year I am stymied.  Tax Act, here I come dragging the rest of my clients and family with me.

alxvin

This is a total customer care garbage -- I'm requesting my refund from Costco now.

Done dealing with Intiuit.

Turbo Tax is using the excuse of Windows 7 not to support their products. The operating system should not have any impact on the software. It seems they are working for Microsoft. Big fat excuse!

Stanefird
Returning Member

So I have purchased TurboTax Premier.  When I tried to install it, I was told I had to upgrade or use the online version.  I don't really have the desire or money to purchase a new PC that is strong enough to run Windows 10, so I chose to do the online taxes.  I was led to believe that since the product has been purchased, I would have the opportunity to enter the license code and get to work.  Well I got to work, finished my taxes, but can't find where to enter the license code.  Did I miss something?

@Stanefird wrote:

So I have purchased TurboTax Premier.  When I tried to install it, I was told I had to upgrade or use the online version.  I don't really have the desire or money to purchase a new PC that is strong enough to run Windows 10, so I chose to do the online taxes.  I was led to believe that since the product has been purchased, I would have the opportunity to enter the license code and get to work.  Well I got to work, finished my taxes, but can't find where to enter the license code.  Did I miss something?

A license code is only used with the TurboTax software installed on a personal computer, not with the online editions.

If you purchased the TurboTax desktop CD/Download software then you should request a refund.

Go to this TurboTax website to request a refund for the software purchased from TurboTax - https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/forms/refund-request.jsp
Use this TurboTax website to check your orders and payments -
https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/cd-download/order-status/

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies