Michigan Homestead Credit: Sources of Resources, "Work Comp OR vet disability" (YES, vet); Enter VetDis and WC; "If recvd work comp AND vet dis" (did not get both; = 0)?

RE: Michigan Homestead Credit:  Yes, I did receive Worker's Compensation OR Veteran's Disability, so I check that box on the "Sources of Household Resources" page (Veteran's Disability only - no worker's compensation, so I got OR); however, the next page says:  "If you received worker's compensation AND a veteran's disability pension, add the amounts together."  The word AND is boldface on  your page for emphasis.  I did NOT receive BOTH, only veteran's disability, so since I did not get worker's compensation AND veteran's disability, I enter a ZERO.  Is that correct?
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Vanessa A

No, your total would be the amount of your Veteran's Disability if that is all you received. So if you received $5,000 for your Veteran's disability and $0 for Workers Comp, your total would be $5,000.

This will then be entered on line 26.  The wording is like that because those types of income are classified the same for the Michigan Homestead Credit.