turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

JMorgan54

My extension request is filed and the checks deposited and cashed. TurboTax now will not allow me to EFile without paying again. How do I proceed?

My extension request is filed and the Fed and State checks deposited and cashed. TurboTax now will not allow me to EFile without paying again.

How do I proceed?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

12 Replies

My extension request is filed and the checks deposited and cashed. TurboTax now will not allow me to EFile without paying again. How do I proceed?

When you requested your extension you were supposed to pay your estimated tax due.  Did you enter the payment you made into your tax return?  Go to Federal>Deductions and Credits>Estimates and Other Taxes Paid>Other Income Taxes 

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
JMorgan54

I did pay the estimated tax due, as I stated.  The checks were cashed by Fed and State Tax Office’s .. I’m now trying to file the completed return using

But did you enter the payments you made on your tax return so that you will get credit for them?
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
JMorgan54

EFile and the softwarecwill not allow me to file with indicating where or how I am paying the $ amounts due.   I have paid once .. I do not wish to pay again.

You still did not answer.  Did you enter the estimated payments into the tax return?
JMorgan54

Correction:   the software will not allow me to EFile without indicating where and how I am paying the $ amounts due.

Maybe you still owe some more?  Or you didn't enter the extension payments.  

Or do you need to pay the Turbo Tax fee to efile the state return?

With desktop software there is a fee of $24.99 to e-file the state return--unless you mail it instead.
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

Look at your federal tax return - the actual forms, not the TurboTax screens. Is the amount that you paid with your federal extension shown on Schedule 5 line 71? If not, you need to enter the amount in TurboTax. You also need to enter the state payment.
JMorgan54

Thank you!   This is the answer that I needed!!  Excellent!!
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

Resolved in comments.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies