If you're filing from overseas, in other words US Citizen living overseas, will max benefit still can cover you? One TurboTax Rep asked to verify with Max Benefit another Turbotax Rep said NO, meaning it's only for those filing from the USA. So the question is: Will Max Benfit defend you no matter what?
We're glad you're looking into MAX! It's an optional add-on package in TurboTax Online that offers a variety of benefits and personalized assistance after you file your taxes. Here's what you get:
Audit Defense: Audits can be random. If you're audited by the IRS, a dedicated expert will represent you, including talking to the IRS. Your return is covered for as long as it can be audited.
Full Identity Restoration: If you experience personal identity fraud, a Dedicated Resolution specialist will help save you time by taking on the responsibility of recovering your identity. If you’re filing jointly, both the primary and secondary filer are covered.
Identity Theft Monitoring: If suspicious activity related to your personal identity is detected online, you’ll be notified promptly, and a Dedicated Restoration Specialist can help you quickly react to protect your identity. If you’re filing jointly, both the primary and secondary filer are monitored.
Priority Care: If you need help now, you'll have a shorter wait time to connect to a TurboTax specialist on demand.
Be sure to buy MAX before filing your return to get all of these great benefits.
- How do I get MAX?
- Can I purchase MAX after I file?
- Can I purchase TurboTax MAX features separately?
- Can I get a discount or refund for MAX features I don't use?
- How do I access my MAX benefits?
- Can I remove MAX?
- Can I get a refund for MAX once I've paid the fee?
If you run into this issue ....
Some customers have reported issues paying for TurboTax fees by credit/debit card with the MAX Assist & Defend bundle selected.
Depending on the situation, they may see one or more of the following error messages.
- shippingInfoModel.zip(value: ) size must be between 2 and 14;
- shippingInfoModel.state(value: ) size must be between 2 and 2;
- shippingInfoModel.firstName(value: ) size must be between 2 and 20;
This is caused when the MAX bundle is in the order and there are issues with the information entered in the Personal Info section. This can happen in the following situations:
- You have a foreign mailing address entered, but are paying with a U.S.-based credit/debit card
- The first name you've entered is only one letter
This can be resolved by temporarily changing your information under Personal Info, then changing it back before filing your return. If you have a foreign address, enter the U.S. billing address for the card you're trying to use. If you have only one letter as your first name, change this to your full first name, as shown on your social security card.
- Click on the Personal Info tab at the top
- Make the necessary changes to your personal Information
- Click the File tab at the top and click Start next to Step 1
- Continue to pay for TurboTax Online
- Continue through the interview until, in Step 3, you've signed the consent form for MAX Assist & Defend
- Return to Personal Info and set your mailing address back to the correct address, as described in steps 1-3, before transmitting your return
If you've followed the above steps and you continue to get the error message, it can be resolved by removing the MAX Benefits from your order, which will allow you to file.
Note: If you choose to remove the MAX bundle and file, you will not be able to order it later.
I'm having the same issue now in 2020.
Could you please advise how you took care of the issue last year or what you ended up doing to file the tax if this was not solved?
Thanks in advance for your response.
Still have questions?Make a post