Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

baklinker

Married filing separately, WMR tool showing weird information

I have been using TT for my taxes since 2016 and I've never had issues. This year I did the same thing I always did. I filed married filing separately. My husband and I have kept our taxes separated since before marriage he encountered some tax hiccups that I did not want to involve myself in. We are also divorcing this year, so that gives me another incentive to keep finances as separate as possible. I filed on the 11th of January and my return was accepted on the 14th. I checked the WMR tool using the required information roughly 24 hours later and it popped up. Since then, I've tried to use the tool to access my refund information and it gives me the 9001 error. I tried looking up my info with my spouse's SSN instead of my own today and it came right up.I'm worried. He owes some taxes and I don't want my refund being used on what he owes. I double checked my return and everything looks as it should. The return is in my name, my SSN is listed first, and only my income information is on it. What is going on? I've tried reaching out to the IRS to no avail. After years of no problems filing and getting my refunds I am just a tad worried that wires were crossed and I'm going to lose my refund. Is this just a glitch or is something actually wrong here?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
jmankk

From my understanding, the 9001 code is used when the IRS is testing their systems. It should go away and you should see normal information regarding your tax refund soon. Just keep checking the WMR tool once per day until new information can be seen.

Mine is the same...filed separate but only comes up under hubbys SS...Wth...did yours ever change? Mine has been like this about 2 weeks or longer
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies