Solved: Married, filing separately. Form is asking for soon to be ex husband's SSN #, I don't have it and he won't give it to me. Now what?

Married, filing separately. Form is asking for soon to be ex husband's SSN #, I don't have it and he won't give it to me. Now what?

If you cannot find a copy of your prior year return,  you can enter a "dummy" SSN ONLY (such as 999-88-9999) to be able to complete your return in TurboTax.  Once your return is completed you MUST white out the "dummy" SSN and leave the field blank.

You cannot e-file your return.  You must print and mail your returns.